VP Student Affairs
Welcome to the office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. The Vice President for Student Affairs is responsible for proposing and executing policies of the Student Government Association in areas such as social policies, recreation, entertainment, athletic events, homecoming, spirit events, special campus events and any project, program or initiative related to student affairs.
Will is a junior majoring in political science. He is from Huntsville, Alabama and has served with the SGA for two years. Will encourages students to stop by his office in 231C Ferguson with any concerns or questions or contact him by phone at 348-8265.
Vice President for Student Affairs Goals:
- Create a successful football ticket and penalty process.
- Create transparency in student organization seating.
- Guide and assist the homecoming committee as needed.
- Organize Ride with the Tide to provide students with low cost transportation to away athletic games.
- Organize Rising Tide, a non-alcoholic tailgate sponsored by SGA.
- Offer health and safety initiatives for student wellness.
- Partner with Career Services to give students opportunities for summer jobs and internships.
- Provide students with access to legal advice through Landlords, Leases and Legalities as well as increase participation within the Legal Clinic.
- Voice student concerns and ideas regarding our Housing and Residential Communities.
- Bring a March Madness Bracket Competition to UA where students can compete for prizes.
- Provide a positive experience for first year students through Freshman Convocation and First Year Mentors.