VP Academic Affairs
Welcome to the office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Vice President for Academic Affairs is responsible for proposing and executing policies of the Student Government Association in areas such as academic programs, curriculum, student-faculty relations, instructional support, registration, advising, tutorial programs and any other project, program or initiative related to academic affairs.
Denzel is a senior majoring in statistical mathematics with a minor in civic engagement and leadership. He is from Birmingham, Alabama and has served with the SGA for one year. Denzel encourages students to visit his office in 231O Ferguson with any questions or concerns or contact him by phone at 348-7460.
Vice President for Academic Affairs Goals:
- Work to improve academic advising for all disciplines by upgrading and promoting the use of current curriculum flowcharts, increasing the number of peer advisors in each college and working closely with academic advisors to eliminate ambiguity in student registration.
- Explore methods of rewarding students for their academic excellence beyond Dean’s and President’s list recognition.
- Increase the number of underrepresented groups participating in study abroad programs.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Academic Honor Council to promote academic integrity week through events and projects such as Academic Integrity Day, Capstone Creed Week and the HALT hotline.
- Increase the number of courses offered during Fall II and Spring II programs.
Create additional graduate school preparation resources such as monthly practice exams, graduate school admissions mentors and graduate prep courses.